biker

Ok, so we may not all fit into the “born to be wild” category, but for a few days out of the year you sure can participate!  Yesterday was another one of the incredible gatherings that Port Dover has become famous for.  Friday the 13th, one of the biggest biker rally’s in Canada.

I’ve seen some of the coolest bikes ever roll through town, and these bikers come from all over the country to show off (some even come from out of country!).  The most common being Harley Davidson, you’ll see plenty of pretty much every other make of bike you can think of.  Indian, Honda, Kawasaki, BMW, one of my personal favourites Triumph.  If you ride a bike, reading this isn’t news to you…you’ve probably already been down to Dover on it already.  But if you haven’t, this is one rally you want to check out!

This year marks the 32nd year of the tradition.  Back in 1981 it started when about 25 guys got together on Friday the 13th in November…they had a great time and decided that they should do it every time the calendar hit that date.20130913_163728_Richtone(HDR)

Imagine a town with a population of between 6 – 7,000 packing in roughly 70,000.  That’s what we had yesterday, and because of the cooler weather, that was a smaller one!  Last year in August we had by some estimates around 170,000!  How do we manage to handle that kind of traffic, you might ask?  Well, for one, the streets are closed to all vehicle traffic except for motorcycles.  Unless you’re a local resident (with a special resident pass), don’t expect to drive into town in a car.  If you want to join in the festivities, there are locations outside of town where you can park and take advantage of the shuttle service.

With the streets lined with motorcycles, you’ll see the plain and the extravagant.  Small bikes, and huge bikes.  Painted bikes, and solid chrome.  Custom paint jobs like you’ve never seen before, and custom themed bikes that will blow you away.

P1050407This tradition that started with just a few guys has turned into something so huge that the town has embraced, it attracts the young and old alike.  Food and t-shirt vendors fill the parks, and each and every bar is packed (don’t worry though…there are enough beer tents down nearly every other street, you’ll be able to find a place to drink).

The next one will be in December, but next year we have one in June.  It’s also the only one to happen next year, so expect it to be HUGE!  If you plan on coming down to see this incredible event, let me know…I’ll treat you to a drink 😉

P1050411P1050412

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Când joci cu gâtul ei , ar trebui să încerce să ruleze ușor degetele de-a lungul ea și
    sărut acest domeniu încet . Ați așezat
    și a vorbit pentru un timp , atunci când conversația se transformă
    în sex .

2. Acest lucru ar fi cu siguranta inainte de informații
    , ci începe cu un nume de domeniu mare . Șansele sunt că în cele din urmă se va numai funcționa ca autoritățile de
    la SEO , care produc toate veniturile .

3. Chun says:

I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how
    to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates unique,
    SEO friendly posts in minutes, just type in google
    – laranitas free content source

4. There are also unsupported versions of the whatsapp
    messenger being run using other devices and websites.

People complain a whole lot about their computers. Clean up the
    Registry problems within your program.

5. Danial says:

I thought my iPhone will not finish a phone. Once you
    see-the information” prepare to jailbreak(DFU)”, then connect your system into a Computer.

6. Salina says:

Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is presented on net?

7. Appreciation to my father who shared with me regarding this weblog, this website is
    genuinely amazing.

8. Marie says:

You need to manually synchronize the books for the product to
    see through the iBooks program. It’s given plenty of
    time to skillet the performance of the device to the naysayers.

9. Pauline says:

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i
    know how to save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates high quality,
    SEO friendly articles in minutes, just type in google – laranitas free content source

10. Big t he 4th idea that all of us shall be taking a look at, is all about painting
    leaves on your walls. Wondering how to start it?

11. Skip says:

Media View and select the firmware file for your iPhone which you downloaded earlier.

12. google.com says:

Try to dog training train and more seamless. All of the cultural setting defined for your dog before you can use for
    dog training collar will no longer heavily rely on other means.
    This article will focus on learning the sit up is when the dog testing the dog or puppy training
    from scratch. The joy can become once he is outside?
    Say you want to lead horses. The teachers are equipped pro dog ownership, Cesar Milan is
    a must!

13. Esther says:

I do not know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering issues with your blog.
    It looks like some of the text within your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else
    please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too?
    This may be a issue with my web browser because I’ve
    had this happen before. Many thanks

14. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this
    matter to be really something that I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me.
    I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to
    get the hang of it!

15. I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or
    blog posts in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website.

Studying this info So i am glad to show that I’ve an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered
    exactly what I needed. I so much undoubtedly will make sure to don?t omit this site
    and provides it a glance on a continuing basis.

16. Incroyable un tonne de bonne infos.

17. Bridgett says:

I read this paragraph completely about the comparison of
    most up-to-date and previous technologies,
    it’s awesome article.

18. You could definitely see your skills in the work you
    write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like
    you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart.